For the past few years Mothers Day has brought mixed feelings. Since my Mom passed away it always makes me miss her even more. Since I lost my son Michael it makes me long for the day when I can hold him again and get to raise him. This year I have a new baby girl and it brings tears of joy for the wonderful children that I have. Motherhood is both a trial and an honor. Some days I want to pull my hair out. Other days I am in awe that my heavenly father would entrust me with the care of his sweet spirits.
I am so grateful for the Mothers in my life. I am who I am because of the wonderful Mom that raised me. She taught me how to cook, sew, love and serve. She was always giving to others, and always looking on the bright side. Even in the last years of her life, when she was in constant pain, I never heard her complain. I love her so much and miss her dearly. I am also grateful for my Mother-in-law who raised my husband. She is always there for me and my family, I cherish our friendship. I am also grateful for my Dads new wife Dona, she is like a surrogate Mom to me. She reminds me a lot of my Mom; they were good friends. Even though she has six kids of her own and numerous grandkids and great grandkids, she still remembers all of our birthdays and is always doing stuff for me and my kids. She takes care of us like my own Mom would.
I am greatful for the Mothers in my life as well as the opportunity to be a Mom. So to all you Mom's out there: Thank you for all you do and
"HAPPY MOTHERS DAY" I Love you all.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
"Mother's Day"
Posted by Sara at 9:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment